Success Through Leadership

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Understanding Leadership

During my interview on May 10th, one of the topics WBO's Chris Curtis asked me about was the principle of understanding leadership that I talk about in chapter two of my book, "Take Charge - Get Results". One of the prevailing causes for failure I see, time and time again, is the absence of leadership. So while it's on my mind, I thought I'd share a short summary with you here:

"Understanding Leadership: Leaders are responsible for all outcomes (good or bad), not just some of the time, but all of the time. Leadership is not about giving orders, but about accepting the primary responsibility of leadership - to take charge. The common expectations of leadership - to lead, to guide, to enlighten, to direct, and to inspire action, - all stem from the acceptance of this primary responsibility. It is leadership that sets the course and provides direction for all achievement. Make a decision to take charge."

In the most basic sense, we are in charge of ourselves. Ultimately, we are responsible for that which we choose to do or say, so in order to achieve real success, we need ourselves to lead ourselves.

Best of luck!
Coach Morse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home